Sizzling Punters’ Challenge brought to you by Hollywoodbets and tabGOLD
The Website is now live, visit https://punters.hollywoodbets.net/#/ to enter.
Hollywoodbets is excited to announce the launch of the Sizzling Punters’ Challenge brought to you by Hollywoodbets and tabGOLD, which will see total cash prizes of R100 000 being awarded to horse racing punters during March.
The competition is free to enter for all persons who have either an active Hollywoodbets or tabGOLD account. Punters with both accounts will have 2 entries.
The total prize money of R100 000 shall be shared amongst punters over the month of March:
• Daily prizes totalling R45 000 made up of 9 x R5 000 for each of the scheduled 9 race-meetings at Hollywoodbets Greyville and Hollywoodbets Scottsville, with R2 000 to the winner, and prizes up to 10th place (2nd – R1 250; 3rd R750; 4th R 400 and 5th – 10th R100)
• The grand monthly prize of R55 000 with R20 000 to the winner and prizes up to 20th place made up as 2nd R12 000; 3rd R7 000; 4th R4 000; 5th R2 000; 6th -10th R1 000 and 11th – 20th R500.
The scoring system requires that punters make one selection for every race on the day’s card.
• Points are awarded in accordance with the horses’ finishing positions i.e. in a 10-horse field, the winner will be awarded 10 points, 2nd 9 points and so on with the last horse being awarded 1 point. Similarly, in a 16-horse field, the winner will be awarded 16 points and the last horse one point.
• In addition, bonus points will also be awarded for every winner that a punter selects, these points will be based on the Hollywoodbets starting price of the winner. For example, if the winner of a 12-horse race starts at 12.5/1 (13.5), then the punters selecting the horse will be awarded 25.5 points (being 12 plus an additional 13.5 points in this case).
• Should a punter’s selection be scratched, they will be given the tote favourite for the race.
The meeting’s entire selections must be made via the web portal and will be available to do until five minutes before the carded time of the first race of the meeting, where after the race meeting will be closed.
All cash prizes will be credited to either the winner’s Hollywoodbets or tabGOLD betting account. There are no conditions applicable to this payment and funds may be withdrawn or used for betting at the discretion of the player.
Hollywoodbets, Winning Form, Sporting Post and Gold Circle tipsters and team members have been invited to participate on the basis that any prizes they win will be donated to either the Coastal Horse Care unit or the National Horse Trust powered by Hollywoodbets. The full rules for the competition, as well as Terms and Conditions can be found on the Hollywoodbets website. The first race meeting for the competition takes place on Sunday 1st March 2020 at Hollywoodbets Scottsville.
Terms & Conditions – Hollywoodbets and Gold Circle Punter Challenge
- The Challenge will run for
the month from 1 March 2020 to 31 March 2020.
- This Challenge is open to all punters, registered as an account holder with Hollywoodbets and/or TabGold.
- A single entry is free for registered players. Players who are registered at both organisations shall be eligible for two entries.
- Players will have the
option to enter with their given name (as per the details on their betting
account) or to create a non-de-plume to disguise their identity.
- This challenge applies only to racing at Hollywoodbets Greyville and Hollywoodbets Scottsville.
- Total prize money to the value of R100 000 shall be shared amongst punters over the month of March, with daily prizes for R5 000 for each of the scheduled 9 race-meetings as follows:
Winner R2 000
2nd Place R1 250
3rd place R 750
4th place R 400
5th to 10th place R 100
and the top 20 punters at the end of the month shall receive R55 000 split as:
Winner R20 000
2nd Place R12 000
3rd place R7 000
4th place R4 000
5th Place R2 000
6th to 10th places R1 000
11th to 20th places R 500
Prize money will be paid into the winners’ Hollywoodbets or Gold Circle TabGold accounts only. There are no conditions applicable to this payment and funds may be withdrawn or used for betting at the discretion of the player.
- Points System
Every point counts! Points are allocated according to the official finishing position of each horse in the race. The number of points on offer is dependent on the numbers of horses participating (official runners) in the race.
Points are awarded in accordance with the horses’ finishing positions i.e. in a 10-horse field, the winner will be awarded 10 points, 2nd 9 points and so on with the last horse being awarded 1 point. Similarly, in a 16-horse field, the winner will be awarded 16 points and the last horse just a single point.
In addition, points will be awarded according to the price of the winner only. The winning selection will get a bonus of the Hollywoodbets starting price. If the winner of a 12-horse race starts at 12.5/1 (13.5) then the punters selecting the horse will be awarded 25.5 points (being 12 plus an additional 13.5 points for the starting price).
A horse/jockey combination must be declared a runner in the race to be awarded any points.
Where a dead-heat is declared for any position, then dead-heat rules will apply and the contestants will each receive half of the aggregated points on offer. So, for example, a dead-heat for 3rd and 4th in the 10-horse race will see the affected horses each being awarded 7.5 points ((8+7)/2).
Cumulative points awarded will be updated after each race and each race meeting.
Points earned at each race meeting will be totaled and the punters with the highest aggregate number of points for that meeting shall be awarded the prize money as detailed above. In the event of a dead-heat for any of the top four positions, then the dead-heat rules will apply.
Points earned at each race meeting over the month will be totaled and the punters with the highest aggregate number of points shall be awarded the prize money as detailed above. In the event of a dead-heat for any of the top twenty positions, then the dead-heat rules will apply.
Failure to make selections for a race meeting will result in zero points.
- Scratchings and disqualifications
Any selection of a scratching will be assigned the official tote favourite for the race.
A horse disqualified after having run a race will be deemed to have run last and will earn one point, with each horse that finished behind it being promoted.
- Change of venue – if the
venue changes (before 11 am on race day) then punters will have the option to
retain their original selection or create new selections on a new selection
grid. Where no new selections are made,
the original selections will remain as valid selections.
- Any race meeting rescheduled from its original date to another day in March shall be re-opened for selections prior to the rescheduled date. The original selections shall be voided and only the reselected entries shall apply.
- Should the race meeting scheduled for 29 March be postponed beyond month end, all selections shall be void and the winner for the month shall be based on the results already processed.
- Entries will only be accepted up until 11am on race day. The meeting will be closed at that time and no selections will be accepted after that time for any reason whatsoever.
- Once selections are saved, they are final and cannot be changed.
- The challenge is intended for recreational purposes only. Should any participant be suspected of abusing the spirit of the challenge, Hollywoodbets reserves the right to withdraw any prize money awarded.
- Hollywoodbets and Gold Circle and their authorised agents reserve the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, participants hereby waive any rights or expectations, which they may have against Hollywoodbets or Gold Circle or their authorised agents and acknowledge that they will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against Hollywoodbets or Gold Circle or their authorised agents.
- Queries can be addressed to email@example.com
- Companies in the Hollywood Sportsbook Group and the Gold Circle Group are licensed betting operators. Hollywoodbets and Gold Circle supports responsible gambling. No persons under the age of 18 years are permitted to gamble. Winners know when to stop. National Gambling toll-free counselling line 0800 006 008.
- Every entrant participating in the competition shall be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted these terms and conditions and rules by virtue of their participation
- This competition is OPEN to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of Hollywoodbets or Gold Circle or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Hollywoodbets or Gold Circle or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of all of the above. However, any person associated with Hollywoodbets and Gold Circle as indicated above will donate their winnings to the National Horse Care Unit and/or the Coastal Horse Care unit.
The official tipsters in the Winning Form Group publications, Gold Circle and TabGold publications will also form part of this Challenge. Should any of these tipsters win any prize, then that money shall be donated to the Horse Care Unit of their choice.