Attention: All Fashion Enthusiasts
It is with great excitement and pleasure that Golden Horse invites you to this year’s Tsogo Sun Sprint Fashion Competition.
This competition is open to all aspiring, emerging and established fashonistas in the Midlands, Pietermaritzburg and Durban areas and offers the public a wonderful opportunity to be part of the oldest, biggest and richest sprint event in the country.
To be spotted on the day, wear a Race Day Ensemble that is stylish, fashionable and encompasses the spirit of this prestigious horseracing event, The Tsogo Sun Sprint. All aspects of the look, the hat, accessories, shoes and overall grooming are very important, as this is part of the judging criteria.
The theme, ‘Vintage Flair’ must be reflected in your fashion ensemble. It is essential that you understand that this is a fashion competition. Stay away from anything that is too theatrical or Avant Garde and definitely nothing gimmicky. However, the ‘unexpected’ would score you points. The theme ‘Vintage Flair’ will give you freedom to express your individuality without holding back and take us down memory lane to the essence of race day fashion.
Spotters and Judges will be looking for garments that are beautifully executed, with an emphasis on being beautifully dressed. The design is for an upmarket raceday, not an evening event. Please keep this in mind.
Please read through the following information:
- There are only two categories:
- Classic Race wear – female
- Classic Race wear – male
- Each participant must wear a Race Day Ensemble that is stylish, fashionable and encompasses the spirit of a prestigious horseracing event. The work must be innovative and forward thinking, judges will be looking for a solid interpretation of the theme, which combines creativity with a distinct fashion edge. This is an essential part of the judges’ brief
- During the selection process and final judging, judges will be looking at a finished, complete outfit and will look closely at the following:
- Visual impact, design integrity, originality
- Is it fashionable and in line with current trend
- Suitability to the event and theme – it’s a race day not a cocktail function!
- Interpretation of the brief – this is very important and should be thoughtful
- Fit / finish / quality
- Attention to detail
- Finalists must be aware of event sponsors and refer to the event by the correct name in any interview: The Tsogo Sun Sprint Fashion Competition and the race name i.e. The Tsogo Sun Sprint. Participants will be required to make themselves available for shoots for the press, television, and electronic media. Please note that any images taken will be used for editorial and electronic purposes only and remain the property of the event and will be used free of charge
- The panel of spotters and judges will be carefully selected and their knowledge of fashion, the brief and theme and the event will be of prime consideration. Their decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into under any circumstances.
- The winners in each Classic Race Wear category (male and female) will receive R3000.00, the first runner up R2000.00 and the second runner up R1000.00. A total prize money of R12 000 will be won at this year’s competition.
- By entering The Tsogo Sun Sprint Fashion Competition, participants give the organisers, owners and sponsors of the Tsogo Sun Sprint, permission to use any image taken of their work or themselves, before, during and after the event, in editorial and advertorial content and on all official online platforms.
For any additional information on The Tsogo Sun Sprint Fashion Competition contact Merlyn Taylor on 033 395 8126 or email@example.com