Gold Circle was born out of the amalgamation of the Durban Turf Club, the Clairwood Turf Club and the Pietermaritzburg Turf Club and together with Phumelela Gaming & Leisure and Kenilworth Racing are the key players in the operating of thoroughbred horseracing in South Africa.
Driven to always do the right thing, Gold Circle operates in line with the principles of the National Horseracing Authority of Southern Africa (NHA). Formerly “The Jockey Club of Southern Africa” the NHA’s core function of its Racing Division is to ensure that thoroughbred racing is provided with a competent and efficient racehorse and jockey control and monitoring service to “maintain the integrity of horseracing”.
In fact, in 2005, Gold Circle and Phumelela, established the National Racing Bureau to handle entries, declarations and card changes for all race meetings throughout South Africa in an industry bid to streamline the administration of the sport.
- The Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association of South Africa “TBA”
- The National Horseracing Authority of South Africa
- Phumelela Gaming and Leisure Ltd
- Gold Circle (Pty) Ltd
Owners and Members Bodies
- The Racing Association
- Racing Association (Western Province)
- Gold Circle Members
- The South African Jockey’s Association
Racing Industry Initiatives
- SA Jockey Academy
- National Horse Trust
- The Thoroughbred Racing and Development Centre
- Horseracing South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- National Racing Bureau
- The National Gambling Board (Control)
- Independent Bookmakers
- Track and Ball (Pty) Ltd
- Totalisator “Saftote”
- Phumelela Gold Enterprises “Pge”